Auckland’s historic Red Fence: LED conversion and beautification of the fences 37 lanterns for its 100 year anniversary.
The Ports of Auckland’s magnificent red-painted wrought iron fence, ornamental gates and lanterns were built in several stages between 1913 and 1923.
The original work was undertaken to enclose Queens Wharf, then known as Queen Street Wharf. The Auckland Harbour Board called for tenders in January 1912, awarding the contract to G. Wragge Ltd, of Salford, Manchester, that October. They are designated a Category A Heritage Object by Auckland City Council.
Lighting design, fixture component design and project management
Heritage Consulting Architect
Award of Commendation – IES National Lighting Awards 2014